Thread: Boxster S / Ruf 3400s

Boxster S / Ruf 3400s

OK, thought I would re-introduce myself with the new edition. Not sure how I ended up making this work, but somehow, I did. I was scaling back for the next phase: the college years. So, I sold my 91 Targa (many Ruf mods) and in the process found this 3400s conversion, and still managed to 'scale' back. And my wife likes driving this one. How did I make this work? The details. It is a 2000 Boxster S that I bought from the original owner. He ordered it new, heavily optioned, then sent it back to Ruf about 6 months later for the 3.4 conversion. They did the 5 gauge cluster as well as the engine. He also had extensive custom leatherwork performed and a custom top, color to sample. He continued to make a few modifications, such as Ruf mirrors, ROW M030 suspension, GHL exhaust and Tech Art wheels. I have a few Ruf pieces that I want to add (interior tweaks and wheels), but just looking forward to driving. A few pics. Enjoy...I am!

IMG_3136.JPGIMG_3137.JPG
    IMG_3138.JPGIMG_3140.JPG
    Nyeguy

Current car:
    2000 Boxster S / Ruf 3400s conversion

Past:
    91 - 964 Traga w/bunch of RUF mods (not quite done)
    91 Ruf RCT and a few other Porsche's

Warming Up
    Beautiful car! I love the white (mine is also white). I am curious though as to how to get Ruf parts here in the US. I have a 2008 Boxster S that I'd like to upgrade and I like the Ruf components because they are tested heavily before being released. Thoughts?

Ruf in US

Quote Originally Posted by RufCTR View Post
    Beautiful car! I love the white (mine is also white). I am curious though as to how to get Ruf parts here in the US. I have a 2008 Boxster S that I'd like to upgrade and I like the Ruf components because they are tested heavily before being released. Thoughts?
    RufCTR,

Thanks. Ruf US is about to open in LA (Torrence). I was at the soon to open shop last month and it will be quite nice when they finally open. Hopefully by December. Here is the contact info. arling.wang@rstrada.com Arling is a big Ruf and Porsche enthusiast and can get you set up for whatever you need. He has been working with Ruf for years. Feel free to tell him I sent you. I have already ordered a few parts from him/Ruf over the summer and they should have a lot more in stock, coming soon. Good luck. Let me know how it works out. What are you looking to upgrade?
    Nyeguy

Current car:
    2000 Boxster S / Ruf 3400s conversion

Past:
    91 - 964 Traga w/bunch of RUF mods (not quite done)
    91 Ruf RCT and a few other Porsche's